CARF International has awarded Chapel Haven with a three-year re-accreditation and many accolades along the way.
After a comprehensive, three-day visit facilitated by Sherry Robitaille, director of quality assurance at Chapel Haven, we were delighted to receive word that CARF has once again agreed to accredit Chapel Haven for a period of three years. The latest accreditation is the fourth consecutive three-year accreditation that the international accrediting body has awarded to Chapel Haven and we were found to be in compliance with 96% of CARF’s rigorous standards, our best outcome yet.
CARF said it most eloquently with this comment: “A philosophy of excellence pervades the organization and is clearly spearheaded from the top down. Persons served are treated with respect and dignity. Their wishes and choices are considered extremely important and it is clear that the staff members are committed to ensuring that action is taken whenever possible.”
In a detailed report, CARF summarized its findings. Click here to read the details: Here are some excerpts:
- CARF was impressed with Chapel Haven’s 14-member Board of Directors. “The board is actively engaged and knowledgeable in the services the organization offers. Board members are great advocates and ambassadors” of Chapel Haven.
- The management team is experienced and “displays genuine passion for the organization’s mission and dedication to the person served. They are well respected by persons served, families and other stakeholders.”
- Chapel Haven’s families and clients are happy, as evidenced in surveys and feedback. “Stakeholders report very high satisfaction with the organizations performance and quality services.” CARF also commended Chapel Haven for giving its clients “multiple opportunities to provide feedback.”
- Chapel Haven Enjoys Sound Financial Management
- Chapel Haven offers an admissions process that is comprehensive and provides “a thorough evaluation of the candidate’s strengths and needs” through a one-week visit, followed by a detailed written report. For those candidates deemed ineligible for services, Chapel Haven provides recommendations for alternatives, information that is extremely helpful to the family served.
- Chapel Haven enjoys strong communications, including this e-newsletter, articles in media publications and regular meetings with families.
- Chapel Haven has a great mentoring program for students, including the sixth largest Best Buddies chapter in the country, offers a plethora of activities in the community and maintains great relationships with local employers and colleges
The CARF accreditation represents the highest level of accreditation that can be awarded to an organization and shows the organization’s substantial conformance to the CARF standards. An organization receiving a Three-Year Accreditation has put itself through a rigorous peer review process and has demonstrated to a team of surveyors during an on-site visit that its programs and services are of the highest quality, measurable, and accountable.