The experts are saying the best way to conquer COVID is social distancing (especially if you are immune-compromised).
We are doing everything we can on campus to keep our community safe, but you also want to take care of yourself by keeping your immune system strong and healthy. This comes down to drinking plenty of water, eating quality foods, getting enough rest and REGULAR EXERCISE!
Not sure if you heard the news, but all gyms are closed for a few weeks.
I know what you are thinking.
“How can I keep myself fit without my (spinning/crossfit class/yoga/lifting) routine?”
Don’t worry! RMAC has your back! Here are 3 ways you can keep yourself fit without a gym.
1) Get outside and go for a walk, jog or run.
– Having the gyms shut down is a great opportunity to get outside. A lot of parks are closed, so be careful, but walking around your neighborhood while getting some fresh air can be a great alternative in the meantime. Shoot for 7,000-10,000 steps, which is roughly 1 hour of walking time, or 30 min of running based on your pace.
2) Do your favorite workout, at home.
– This is a great opportunity to make some space at home, grab a routine through your favorite fitness celebrity, and do your workout in the safety of your home. You can do a lot with just your bodyweight, a few dumbbells or a few resistance bands. Not sure what to do? I’ll be sending out a routine you can do at home tomorrow.
AMAZON.com – Resistance Band Kit
3) Spend some extra time cleaning around the house or playing in the yard.
– Having children and a busy schedule typically means you are prioritizing what gets done around the house. Now that bars, restaurants, and fitness studios are shut down, this could be a great time to get some chores done at home. Better yet, if your children are young and full of energy, spend some time playing in the yard. This will also help them calm down at night and get to bed easier.
Don’t let the lockdown be an excuse to give up on your routine and lose all those awesome exercise habits. With a little creativity to can keep yourself in tip top shape. Be on the lookout later today or tomorrow for the “Covid Quarantine At Home Fitness Routine!”
Stay healthy, stay safe, and remember to regularly wash your hands! Questions? Reach out to Ry Ry the Wellness guy at firstname.lastname@example.org
hi Ryan, This is Michael Albert’s and Elisabeth Catasus’ Mom,
We lost the original zoom connection for Fitness friday and I can’t figure out how to get them back in! can You please resend the link to my email! thank you
Carol and Don Albert
Hello – reach out Ryan McEachern to get the link. You can reach him at email@example.com