Join Chapel Haven Schleifer Center for the DS ACT Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk on Saturday, October 2 at 10:00am.
Our team – the Chapel Haven Step Squad – will be traveling to the New Britain Bees Stadium for the outdoor walk with other participating teams. If you register to join our team, you are responsible for transportation to and from the event. A simple lunch of a hot dog, chips, and bottled water is included in the registration fee.
Here’s some additional details about the event:
- Event is rain or shine
- Fee is $5 to join our Chapel Haven Step Squad team. Here’s the link to join or donate: Join Chapel Haven Step Squad Team
- Unless you are joining the Chapel Haven rec trip (i.e. signed up through REC Desk), you are responsible for your own transportation to and from the event
- 10:00am – check-in opens
- 10:15am – opening ceremony
- 11:30am – head to starting line
- 12:00pm – walk starts
- 12:30pm – lunch served in concourse
- 1:30pm – closing ceremony & dance party
- 2:00pm – event concludes
- Food trucks are available for other options if you do not wish to eat the complimentary lunch
- Activities happening throughout the day including DJ, face painting, trucks, bounce house, craft area, information booths, and more!