Time: 25 hrs/wk
Start Date: 2015-07-01
Location: New Haven, CT
Description: The Support Coordinator is responsible for assisting Clients (community members) with medication management, teach/monitor home maintenance skills and assist and/or provide guidance in negotiation skills, settling of disputes.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
- Teach home/apartment maintenance skills, home safety. Monitor maintenance.
- Provide transportation of clients as needed, use of own vehicle required.
- Teach interpersonal communication, social and care skills to develop or maintain healthy relationships with family, roommates, friends and colleagues.
- Provide advocacy on community members' behalf to ensure timely, quality service.
- Ensure community member understands her/his rights.
- Collect and maintain accurate and timely case records, relief notes and other data as required: current relief notes, case notes, reports due to DMR, BRS and other agencies.
- Attend agency, program and staff development meetings as required.
- Represent Chapel Haven at community meetings and case review meetings.
- Use of own vehicle.
- Valid CT driver's license.
- Ability to obtain PSL endorsement.
- Other duties as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field preferred, and two years' experience working with adults with cognitive disabilities.
- This position requires the ability to stand, climb stairs, walk, sit, bend and lift at times.