Recreation Aide - Per Diem
Time: Hours vary depending on activities
Location: New Haven, CT
Description: Recreation Aides are primarily responsible for implementing safe and enjoyable in-house and off ground recreational activities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
- Arrive at Chapel Haven thirty minutes before the activity begins.
- Follow directions provided by the Recreation Supervisor.
- Drive groups to various activities and events throughout Connecticut and neighboring states, and oversee in-house activities.
- Participate in the activities with clients.
- Complete week visitor evaluation forms.
- Teach clients leisure skills and provide immediate and supportive feedback to those who exemplify or fail to demonstrate appropriate skills and standards of behavior.
- Provide a variety of optional activities that clients can join.
- Complete activity evaluations providing feedback related to organizational issues of the activity and client behavior.
- Drive clients home after each activity in the evening. Use of own vehicle may be required.
- Attend periodic department meetings.
- Provide time at the end of each evening for clients to clean the recreation center.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience working with special needs populations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Valid CT driver’s license
- Public Service License to drive a fifteen-passenger van.
- Problem solving ability, independent worker, effective judgment, decision-making skills.
- Tact and patience
- Ability to walk, sit, stand and drive for periods of time